Make Wonderful Nature Wands
Updated: Apr 8
I came up with this idea one sunny spring day after our latest nature walk. We had lots of sticks and other natural findings that the children had brought home and we wanted to do something special with them. I was looking to make a nature craft that I could write about for Pinterest. It had to be a craft that my toddler daughter could do easily AND please my eleven year old son, who's Harry Potter mad... wonderful nature wands was a winner!
Children seem to like finding a special stick or stone and bringing it home, and its great fun to go on a scavenger hunt beforehand to collect natural objects. You don't even have to leave your house, these wonderful wands can be made from objects found in your GARDEN! They are so simple to make and provide hours of enjoyment for children. They can be made for very little cost and made over and over again. Let's get started!
You will need:
Natural found objects like feathers, leaves, flowers etc
String, ribbon or wool
Glitter glue (optional)
1. Go on a scavenger hunt in your garden, collecting any natural objects you would like to use to decorate your wand.
2. Choose one favourite stick to be your wand. Think about the colours and design you want to use.
3. Choose some leaves, feathers and/or flowers for the top of your wand. Position them so that they are overlapping with the stick and use string or a pipe cleaner to wrap tightly around the stems of the objects to secure them in place
4. Make a handle at the base of the wand, by wrapping one or two pipe cleaners halfway up the stick. You can also use wool or ribbon for this.
5. Add additional magic with a little glitter glue spread on the remaining visible stick. Leave to dry.
That's it! You can experiment with different designs and colours and even different sizes of stick. I hope you enjoyed making your own wonderful nature wands. Please support Learning Labyrinth by following us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Pinterest. Thanks for visiting.
Hope to see you again soon...